Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Boy

Today we got the results of the testing the boy had. 

It's official! The boy has ASD!

I would like to go into a lot of detail, but I think that borders on being a little too open with his life. Which I'm torn about, but I really have to think about that. But he has all the classic ASD stuff going on, which is hard for me to picture, because he is my emotional boy, but he doesn't recognize his emotions very well, or the emotions of others. The way they put that is that he doesn't recognize others emotions, or ask about them, but what I see that is he doesn't really care what others think. Which can be a good thing too right? 

Definitely moving forward, we are going to find him somewhere to get some skills to be able to adjust easier, and help him with his intense emotions. I am sure that along with that, I will find just as much to help me as he will, though it likely will be a lot harder for me at my age! 

I'm really glad to be going through this with my son, especially at this age. I want to help him to be able to rein in the negative parts, like the intense anger, and encourage the good parts (which I think we do a pretty good job of, but helping that grow into other things too). So I'm excited! My brilliant boy will someday be something incredible.

I'm so grateful to God for this journey, and that I get to share it with our son. I'm grateful that these days there is actually ways to help reduce the negative stuff! I'm grateful that he has been given a gift, and that we will be able to see him bloom and turn into everything God intends for him to be! I know that ASD has been a gift for me, and though I may still not be exactly sure what my gift is, I'm excited to learn, and see the same for my son! :)

I just wanted to get some feelings out, and make a post, since I haven't in a while. I have been sort of stuck on topics, and a bit distracted with a toddler and homeschooling and winter blahs. But I will have to keep up with little bits here and there about how the boy is doing, and how I am doing. I'm really interested in knowing how I can learn and grow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment