Monday, November 12, 2012

Aspie Writers And "Reading My Mind"

I don't consider myself to be a very good writer. Even in online conversation, I rarely feel as if I have said what I want to say, how I want to say it, and in a way that gets the reader to really know and understand what I'm saying. The reason I feel this way is because typically, people do NOT understand what I have written, and they usually take it to mean things it doesn't mean. Typically my words are said to be "judgemental" or "rude". It's not that I set out to "tell someone off" or anything. So anyway, cutting that short, I don't feel I am a very good writer.

Therefore, I love reading other posts by more talented Aspie writers. They sometimes can get right to the heart of some aspect of Aspergers, without knowing me, without saying the wrong thing. It is amazing.

Today I am sharing another link. Again, I feel like the author has read my mind. This is exactly what I deal with. The reason I can't go without the internet. I need that ability to look up exactly what I need to know. It happens a lot. One example is with movies: I typically never watch a movie I haven't seen before without needing to look up some actor or actress in it. Last night I watched "Mansfield Park". I knew I recognized an actress in there, and of course, after googling, I saw, hey, ok! It's Miss Honey from Matilda. 

Anyway, it's not just that it's everything. If someone presents an opposing viewpoint to one I have (and it isn't a topic I've already researched) you can bet I'm googling. I usually don't take a person's word for it, I google. I read up on it. A lot more often, I compare a thought to my Faith, and I'm finding out more about my Faith through things that people would think are unrelated than anything.

Anyhow, here's the post link. Thank you Inner Aspie!

http://inneraspie.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-never-quiet-mind.html

No comments:

Post a Comment