Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Silence

Sorry that there has been silence on my end! I didn't mean to let so much time go between posts. 

I guess I would say things here are going good. We started homeschooling again a few weeks back, and we are finally getting into a groove. The first couple weeks it took all day just to get and keep him motivated and do the work. Now though it is down to a manageable 2-3 hours, which is what we like, even though sometimes that 2-3 hours goes over lunchtime and we have to pause for lunch and nap. 

Yes! Nap! I started lying down with little B girl to get her to nap. She really needs one still, if she misses it she ends up falling asleep at supper, then she wakes with night terrors and wants to stay up super late. Naps help her a lot, and though I have to stop what I'm doing to put her down, it is worth it. Heck, sometimes it is nice for me to lie down too and get a short little catnap, and I'm sure that's something I will be having to do when the baby is here anyway.

So, the baby! Things are doing find. The "big" ultrasound pretty much put all the measurements right exactly on target, or within 2 days on either side of the due date. So everything is just perfectly fine there. Boring boring, as the midwife says, and that's where we want to stay. No surprises, no crazy stuff. Just boring. I'll see her again Thursday this week.

I'm to the point now where I wanna meet this baby! Finally! We did not find out if it is a boy or a girl, and we have a boy name, but the girl name is still up in the air, though I have one picked, Jeff doesn't seem to like it as much, but if nothing better comes along, then I guess that's what it's going to be. ;) We will see how it goes, I still feel confident that I don't care either way. 

Sometimes I think of something that still bothers me, like where am I going to put this baby's clothing?! We have 2 bedrooms for the kids and they are both filled with clothes for the kids of course. We've been trying to find room for and go through some things that we had stored at my parents, so thats taking up quite a bit of space in closets as well, which makes me nervous too because, really, there's a third kid coming and we're going to eventually have to have a place to put its stuff! Obviously, some major purging is going on around here. I don't mind that, because I am a kind of organizing, purging machine most of the time. We have never gone to BIG town without at least one bag or box of stuff that is getting rid of. I'm always deciding I don't need things, or reorganizing, or sorting through.

I'm glad we have a small house and even smaller storage spaces so that we don't really end up with much for hoarding. But right now, I'm feeling as if I wish I could get some temperature controlled, safe, mouse free storage location going. There are just some things that can't sit out in a box all winter, or all summer, or between temperatures, or whatever, without getting kinda yucky. It's a one story, double wide trailer. That's it. The garage is not temperature secure enough, and moisture/mildew/possibly bugs have already ruined one whole box of stuff, I don't think I'd be excited to have that happen again. 

So I've been trying to sort, reorganize, rebox, reshelve, and plan for where things are going to have to go. It is going okay right now, but I feel like it's going to get stuffy around here. I guess we will have to eventually build some sort of addition onto the house or something, but that is easier said than done. So one day at a time, one box at a time, I guess we will eventually figure it out. We have to, right?

Still trying to figure out a few things with the boy. Just the constant procrastination, or lack of motivation to do what he needs to do, or whatever. I feel like if he would just do it and get it done, then he could be back to whatever he wants to do, but he just puts it off and when it's something like homework or dishes, where I need it done so I can do something I need to do, then it really gets on my nerves. I just want to get it done, and he is reading or playing somewhere, or in the bathroom. (What is it with guys sitting on the toilet for hours? Don't they know it causes hemorrhoids?) 

But anyway, I think things are looking up around here. I feel better, I'm happy with the choices I am making and encourage that I'm through the hard emotional stuff dealing with the unplanned and surprise of this baby. I'm so glad for that. I want to get some things set up so I can have some meals prepared for myself so I can relax a lot more and not have to worry about food at least for a while. I'd like to say that I would wish I didn't have to worry about money, but that will never happen haha! That's ok, one week at a time. 

But anyway, that's a check in for now.

What would you like me to write about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment