Monday, July 14, 2014

That Wonderful Friend Miss Flow (Ladies Only)

If you are a guy, you probably won't be interested in what I have to say today. Or, you might, if you have an aspie wife or something. But anyway, I thought I would have a few words about this topic.

Since my diagnosis two years ago (Its only been two years? It feels like longer!), I haven't had that many periods. Not long before that I had the Mirena (a very evil spawn of satan device), so I hadn't had many periods for 3-4 years before that.
And, in the past 21 months, I haven't had a period at all, what with being pregnant, and breastfeeding. I'll tell you, I was not missing it (am I right ladies?!). 

Anyway, I came to a point in the past week or so where I was becoming very forgetful. Seriously I couldn't get out of the house without forgetting something, I would forget certain things I was supposed to do, if I was going to write to someone to ask something I would forget what I was going to ask, I would forget what I was doing and get distracted in the other room... some of this is normal, but it was much WORSE than normal. I usually have it together for the most part. I usually can handle things and usually if I forget what I was going to ask, I would eventually remember. I still haven't remembered (even though I know I wanted to ask so and so something). The other day I went to a grocery thing, and forgot a box to put things in, and I forgot my punch card - which was in my WALLET, which I also forgot (of course). 
I'm actually lucky my head is attatched. 

I also got VERY cranky. And I wouldn't just get mad or annoyed, I would get over the top, crazy insane lady, angry, and I could go on and on and on with my rants over whatever stupid thing was happening.

I'm told that as we go forward here, it should get better. Just don't know what to do with all these hormones (does that mean I'm like a hormonal teenager?). 

Anyway, it led me to wondering how us aspie ladies deal with our periods? 

Our periods are something, it seems, most women remember getting. Usually they remember how old they were, even the specific day or the story of the day. Me? I have no idea. I know sometime between the ages of 10-14 I started. I don't remember it being a big deal, or a significant day or anything. I remember mom told us about it and every time anything even looked pink down there I would be like "is THIS it?" and she would be like "no". But I only remember that being a few times. I don't remember how old I was, where I was, or anything. 

And so it goes. I never was good at keeping track of when it started and ended. I don't even know if I knew it was coming until I got crampy. Then as an adult I was on bc for several years, then pregnant, then on the Mirena (aka the devil), then off. Now we do fertilitycare. I am now good at keeping track of E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. regarding my cycle. It's critical because if I don't we can easily "fail" the intention of what we are trying to do (or not do). It's easier than it sounds.

But as far as PMS symptoms, I couldn't really tell you what is naturally normal for me. It's been too long since I was really naturally normal. Most of the last year before I got pregnant, I was not bc dependent, I was progesterone deficient, so my periods were still not "right". They were lighter than normal. So really, its been so long I haven't a clue what they are supposed to be like anymore. And like I said, I wasn't missing it!

But this was crazy. I felt totally out of control. I felt like I could not shut my mouth, I felt exhausted and lightheaded sometimes. And so angry. 

I wonder if there is a difference between aspie women's periods and NT women's periods. If you are a woman, please let me know! Obviously, we might not find out anything on this small of a blog, but it is worth the discussion. Someone, somewhere, sometime will be googling this....

No comments:

Post a Comment