Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hearing Problem

I have realized that I think I have a hearing problem.

Rather, I know I can hear, and I have problems hearing. If I am in a quiet area, I usually hear pretty well. If there is any other noise, I tend not to hear anything.

I've decided that basically, I hear all the sounds around me. They are all coming in at once, I can't filter, I can't really pick and choose what comes in and what doesn't. I hear them all. However, I can also tune things out! This is great, except that when I tune things out, I cannot hear anything else either. 

Some of the fridges at work beep if they have their doors open longer than a few minutes. I can tune this out, but I tune out anyone talking to be also. It is either all, or nothing. :P

So. If you talk to me and I don't answer, its because I'm tuned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment